Tuesday 12 May 2009

Rafa hails 'close to perfect' Sammy Lee

Rafael Benitez saluted his number two today by calling him “close to perfect”. Speaking to the official site Rafa said “Sammy is someone every player respects. He is very positive and is always pushing. He is a great motivator, so it was a very good addition."

"He is a person who knows the club and he's doing a really good job."

"I don't know any manager who is the perfect manager, so no number two can be perfect. But if you ask me if he is close to being the perfect number two then I think he is.”

Sammy Lee returned to Liverpool last May as assistant coach after a brief spell managing Bolton. One of the less publicised changes Benitez and Lee have introduced has been decorating Melwood and the Anfield tunnel with images of the club's all-time greats, as well as inspirational quotes from the likes of Johan Cruyff and Diego Maradona.

1 comment:

  1. Hello sire,
    I couldn't find any contact info on you. I might have a question if you have time to contact me at denvur [at] g m a i l [dot] com

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete