Sunday 19 July 2009

Stephen Darby aims high

Highly rated youngster Stephen Darby who recently secured a 3 year extension to his contract has revealed his intention to secure a more regular place in the first team squad via hard work and determination. The 20-year-old right back who made two first team appearances last season hopes the pre season will give him the opportunity to impress Rafa with is ability.

“Last season I was lucky enough to play for the first-team twice,” said the double youth cup winner speaking to the Echo.

“Now I want to build on that, work hard in training and hopefully get a few more opportunities."

“I signed a new contract recently and that was fantastic for me because I dreamed of playing for Liverpool as a boy so when I was offered the new deal the only thought on my mind was to sign it.”

“I thought the lads played really well in the first half against St Gallen,” added the Maghull lad.

“They were getting forward really well and were creating chances and I think we continued that in the second half so it was good for me to be a part of that."

“It was great for me to be involved again, especially with there being so many young lads out on the trip to Switzerland."

“The fact there are so many youngsters here proves that if you work hard and train well then you will get your chance."

“The manager has told me to work hard, take every day as it comes and then see what happens so that’s what I’m trying to do."

“It’s good for me that there are so many first team players who are willing to help the young lads and give us advice when we need it, that’s a massive help.”

No comments:

Post a Comment