Sunday 26 July 2009

Torres vows its Liverpool’s year

Kop hero Fernando Torres wants to surpass Cristiano Ronaldo’s achievements. The Reds star striker who has scored 50 goals in 84 games for the Reds since signing from Atletico Madrid in the summer of 2007, is certain that Liverpool will win the Premiership, however he knows it won’t be easy.

Torres said: "Of course, my ambition is to be seen in that same way as Cristiano Ronaldo was seen at Manchester United,” reports The Mirror.

"Of course, it is my ambition to be seen in that same way that Cristiano Ronaldo was seen at Manchester United."

"But to do that Liverpool must win trophies. I know only then will people be able to speak the same way about Liverpool and me as they have done Ronaldo and United."

"First we have to win trophies as a team and to do that we have to have a fantastic season."

"We're excited because we think this can be the year for Liverpool. But we know how difficult it's going to be."

"Chelsea are there also because they have the same side as last season and Arsenal are a strong side."

"We are strong, and will be even stronger with a great signing like Glen Johnson."

"We are moving forward and it's true we have one of our best chances to win the trophy for a long time."

"But it's still time to be careful. It's still pre-season and everything is possible."

"People are saying United will be a lot weaker without Ronaldo, but I don't think so."

"They are still a fantastic team with a lot of fantastic players but, of course, we have a big chance."

"Maybe with Ronaldo leaving United it's not so easy for people to see one big favourite this time, when maybe there was a favourite before."

"The League is more open and that's why the Premier League is such a great league. I still believe it's the best in the world."

"It's my aim to be fit for every game this season."

"I feel fresher now because I've only just started training again."

"But I am certain that by the start of the season I am going to be 100 per cent, and the break I've had will have helped me."

"I had a good rest after the Confederations Cup - 20 days - and I don't feel I need to do anything special to protect my hamstrings."

"I'll go step by step, and do my best to forget about those problems."

Get Daily Liverpool FC news at http://www.lfcalert.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment